Friday, August 7, 2009

mailart to gerard barbot


front & back. 5" x 7". sent February 9, 2007.


_________________________________________________




front & back. 6" x 12". sent August 20, 2007.

This postcard that I sent to Gerard is 3 individual 4x6 in. postcards that were taped together to make one continuous piece but gatefolded over and taped shut. The mailing dimensions were 4" x 6" until unfolded.


_____________________________________________________




front & back. 4" x 6". this postcard was sent sometime 2008.


_______________________________________________________





front & back. 4" x 6". sent November 14, 2006. this was a postcard that I sent to Gerard for one of his projects. I don't think I ever found out what this project was...

This was done on a BWAC postcard, that I modified. The postage stamp is really great - very graphic, in an old-school way. I love ordering stamps from the USPS...tiny artworks, every time. I know in this day and age, people poo-poo "snail mail"...but I still think the idea that for a relatively (incredibly?!) small amount of money, one can send a physical letter to - literally - anyplace on the globe. I still think that is one of the coolest things ever...





No comments: